I aint God.....Yet

These are the ranting and dialogues of a high-strung, neurotic and semi-off-the-wall Historian and Educator. As a Virginian/Arizonan I strive to corrupt America’s youth by making them free thinking heathens and demigods. Here, you will hear the omnipresent, benevolent and omnipotent Viceroy Barbarossa. You will be enlightened or maybe just a little annoyed by his discourses on war, education, religion and the debauchery that is American politics.

Tuesday, April 27, 2004

I aint God.....Yet

I aint God.....Yet and as a student of history it is a conundrum that all of my students were even allowed to breath free air. In the days of old if a child was unruly or beyond the realm of human decency the family would for the good of the community smite the little devil child. But, these are the old and dark days of human history and we must be a kinder and gentler society. The problem with this is obvious, everyone and every kid is an exception to the rule. John has this and Maggie has that and the higher ups and we teachers too must live with these mundane accommodations and modifications. This is because little Sue's got issues and we all have to work together to make her life more manageable and less stressful. Yeah, tell that to your boss when you’re late for the fifth day straight as he is kicking her little behind out the door. Oh, the word issues, has now fallen onto the list of words that George Carlin has coined. This is due to the fact that every kid has issues. I love my students, do not get me wrong, but the little Visigoths need to wake up and smell the manure that is their vocabulary, dress and way of life. Issues are a farce and blight on humanity; I have had a hard life, but have and am still playing the cards that the current God gave me. So, here we are in a nation where supposedly all men (people) are created equally (if not under god, then by some other freak of nature) yet all of our children are different and deserve if not some times perverse. So, treat them all the same, an accommodation or exemption and when all else fails a blind eye do generation what? no good at all. I aint God.....Yet, but when I am students will all be equal the rules must be absolute, for when you make an exception the precedent is made and the road to damnation is taken.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home